Skip to content

FAQ exchange studies

Internationale Austauschstudierende in Miltenberg

Applying for exchange studies

Frequently asked questions

  • May free mover / visting students apply?

    If you would like to apply as a free mover / visiting student, please contact the International Office (incoming(at) for further information and to check eligibility.

  • How do I apply?

    You will receive an email with application instructions after being nominated by your home university. In order to access the online application form, you will need to create a personal account. After filling in your details, uploading your supporting documents, and submitting your application, a PDF file will be created. Please print and sign the document, stating the date and place of the signature. Then, please email the signed application form to incoming(at)

  • When will I receive my Letter of Acceptance?

    We will send out the Letters of Acceptance a few days after the application deadline has passed, so do not be surprised if you have not heard from us until then.

    Please note that you cannot apply for the halls of residence until you have received your Letter of Acceptance.

  • Are there any language requirements?

    We do not require exchange students to submit any English or German language certificates. We do however expect that you have a sufficient level of English so that studying in English will not be an issue. We recommend you have at least CEFR level B1. Similarly, students planning to choose modules taught in German must be proficient in German.

Education system

Frequently asked questions

  • European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)

    The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) was developed by the European Commission to establish a common framework for measuring, comparing and recognising academic achievement.

    A full-time workload is equivalent to 60 ECTS credits per academic year; students usually take 30 ECTS credits per semester. Credits are only awarded if the course was passed in accordance with the examination regulations.

  • Is there a minimum / maximum number of modules or ECTS credits I can take as an exchange student?

    Exchange students usually take courses amounting to 30 ECTS credits per semester. This is considered a regular full-time workload.

    You must take at least one course. Although Aschaffenburg UAS does not have a formal ECTS requirement, we strongly recommend taking at least 10 ECTS credits and no more than 35 ECTS credits per semester.

  • What is the grading scale at Aschaffenburg UAS?

    The grading scale used at Aschaffenburg UAS is listed below. Passing grades are:

    • 1,0 - 1,5: excellent / very good
    • 1,6 - 2,5: good
    • 2,6 - 3,5: satisfactory
    • 3,6 - 4,0: sufficient

    Some modules, such as PLV classes, only require regular attendance rather than an examination. These courses are not graded and only use pass / fail.