Congratulations on your decision to apply for a degree programme at Aschaffenburg University of Applied Sciences! Our programmes are open to all students, regardless of nationality, who meet the individual requirements for each programme – please visit each programme page for more details. However, please note that while our programmes are internationally oriented, an advanced level of German is a requirement for admission.
Information for exchange students can be found on these pages.
- winter semester: The application period for all degree programmes starts on 2 May
- summer semester: The application period (only for master pogrammes) starts on 15 November
Please check the page of your chosen programme for the application deadlines.
Read through the information provided on your programme to make sure you are eligible to apply (for instance, to be eligible for a master’s programme, you must have completed a bachelor’s degree). Contact the indicated contact person for each programme with any queries or concerns.
Applicants for bachelor's and master's programmes who did not obtain their previous educational records (certificates, diplomas) in the Federal Republic of Germany have to have their school certificates acknowledged by uni-assist. The document you receive from uni-assist (VPD - Vorprüfungsdokumentation = preliminary review documentation) can then be used to apply to us directly.
Please check the website uni-assist for further information about the application form and the required documents.
Please note that uni assist charges an administration fee for their services.
Applicants for bachelor's programmes from China, Vietnam and Mongolia can only be admitted with a certificate from the Academic Evaluation Centre of the German Embassy (APS) with an average mark. You can apply directly at our university with this certificate.
Master International Management:
- Proof of English language proficiency - niveau C1*, because the primary language of instruction is English
- Proof of German language German language proficiency - niveau B1**, Because the primary language of administration is German
All other degree programmes (bachelor and master):
Proof of German language proficiency. Because the primary language of instruction is German, you must be able to prove your proficiency B2/C1 in German through a result from one of the following tests:
- TestDAF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache, "Test of German as a Foreign Language")
- DSH (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang, "German Language Test for University Matriculation")
- GSD (Großes Sprachdiplom) from the Goethe Institute
- DSD II (Deutsches Sprachdiplom, Stufe II), a test of German at the secondary level for students at German language schools abroad
Please submit the language certificates with the application. If you do not yet have the language certificate at the time of application, you will need to present the certificate upon enrollment at the latest.
* Master International Management applicants must submit a standardised English certificate such as:
- IELTS, total score 7,0 or better
- TOEFL-IBT, total score 95 or better
- Cambridge English Business Higher (BEC) and Cambridge English Advanced (CEA), Grade A, B or C
- TOEIC, total score 945 or better- Unicert III or better
- DAAD-Test (certificate, version before 09/2015) all sections marked as b) or better
- DAAD-Test (certificate, version from 09/2015 on), all sections marked as C1 = five stars valued
- Cambridge oder Oxford Placement Test marked as C1
A first degree in an English-taught study programme may also be accepted as proof of English language skills.
** Master International Management Applicants must submit a standardised German certificate such as:
- TestDaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache, “Test of German as a Foreign Language), level 3 (TDN 3) or better
- DSH (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang), level 1 (DSH-1) or better
- Goethe Certificate B1 or better
For further information about the application process you can also check our site in German.